SJCA In-the-field Opportunities Vol. 11
Check out these opportunities in the field!
- Revolution NJ is looking for photographs highlighting New Jersey’s diverse history and population to use in commemoration of the 250th anniversary of the United States! Send photos and questions to Isabella Sangaline at Isabella.Sangaline@sos.nj.gov.
- North2Shore Event Proposal Grants | (NJPAC) - Available to support arts organizations, non-profit organizations, small businesses, and local artists, based in each featured city, to enable them to produce a public event during the festival weekend in their location. Atlantic City's North2Shore Festival will be June 7-11! | Submissions are due on March 24th
- Hammonton Art & Music Festival - Vending Opportunity, $45 Fee - (Art Club Hammonton) - Artists and crafters are invited to exhibit, sell, and promote their work. May 20, 2023, 3 pm – 8 pm (Rain Date: May 22, 2023) at Horton St., Hammonton, NJ 08037 (Between Bellevue and Orchard).
- Join Union Hall Arts at Tony Baltimore Grill Complex in Atlantic City for their inaugural exhibit, “The Pizza Box Show” Artists will be supplied with a Tony's 12 inch pizza box as a canvas to create pizza inspired art! Artists can create in any style or medium so long as the pizza box is utilized, and the relative dimensions remain. Artists will turn in their pieces by June 12th to be displayed and offered for sale. SUBMISSIONS DUE: June 1st, 2023
- THE VILLAGE ON HIGH | Call to Artists & Artisans, “Hey There Paint A Chair”| Location: 501 N. High Street, Millville, NJ 08332 | Chairs Displayed April 19th to May 12th Reception (April 21) 3rd Friday, Take your CHAIR to your studio and paint, embellish it, create something wonderful. Your CHAIR can show your inspiration for anything you choose. You can also choose your CHAIR to acknowledge an organization or charity you feel a passion for. Your CHAIR can be for sale with a 30% commission to La Bottega Gallery, please price your CHAIR accordingly, or mark your entry NFS to take it home at the end of the show. There will be a BEST CHAIR award of $150.00. | ENTRY FEE $15.00 | Choose and pick up your CHAIR at the Village, March 23, 24, 25, from 12:00 to 5:00. Deliver your CHAIR back to the Village on April 13, 14. 15 from 12:00 to 5:00. | CHAIR AWARD Reception - CHAIRS will be judged April 21st, 3rd Friday - People's choice Award and BEST Chair award are presented at 7:30. For further information call/text Maryann Cannon 609-226-4795
- UNDERSTANDING COPYRIGHT LAW AND FAIR/EDUCATIONAL USE | DATE: APRIL 19th, 2023 | Time: 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM ET | Price: $30 | Does your nonprofit use images, articles, video, or educational materials from other sources? Do you know when you must have permission to use such works? Or have you assumed that copyright laws don’t apply to a nonprofit’s use? Copyright law is a complex field. Most parties don’t fully understand the law, in particular, the nuances of when fair use of another’s copyright can be permitted or when it can’t be. Understanding fair use in U.S. copyright law is essential for anyone that wants to use another’s copyright-protected materials. Fair use is ambiguous, and difficult to apply.
- Calling Artists and Community Organizations | Join Stockton for their 2nd Annual City-wide Community Day Cleanup and party at O’Donnell Park on April 22, 2023. Partnering with the City of Atlantic City and local organizations, the community street and beach cleanups will take place from 8:30 a.m. to 12 noon, followed by a party from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Enjoy food trucks, music, games, art activities, and more. Volunteers will receive a food voucher as a thank you. This ia great opportunity for artists and organizations!
all current listings at https://www.sjca.net/learn/resource-library/calls-other-opportunities/