35 S. Dr. MLK Jr. Blvd
Atlantic City, NJ 08401
Director of Operations email@example.com
The Carnegie Library Center is Richard Stockton College’s satellite facility in Atlantic City, NJ. This architectural treasure, originally completed in 1904, was a gift to the residents of Atlantic City by steel magnate and philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. The building served as the municipality’s Public Library for more than eighty years. Abandoned after the Atlantic City Free Public Library moved to a modern facility in 1985, the Carnegie Library was acquired from the City of Atlantic City by CRDA in the mid-1990’s. Undergoing more than $5 million dollars in renovations and improvements, the now over 9,000 square-foot Library Center serves as Stockton’s gateway to Atlantic City. A multi-use facility, Carnegie serves the College and the residents of Atlantic City and region as an educational and instructional facility, a meeting place, a conference center, and through community outreach.
Carnegie Library Center
Carnegie contains a 75-seat lecture hall, a 40-seat multi-purpose room, a 22-seat state-of-the-art computer laboratory, a 15-seat executive conference room, and three (3) seminar rooms with seating capacities to 25. All rooms have a wall-mounted whiteboard and multimedia equipment.
Located one block from the World Famous Atlantic City Boardwalk, this three-story building, with its turn-of-the-century architecture, including its granite, marble, and terra cotta exterior, terrazzo floors, scagliola finished columns, and marble and iron staircases, continue Carnegie’s vision of learning and commitment to the community.
In 2007, Carnegie was named on the top 150 buildings and places in New Jersey by the American Institute of Architects of New Jersey. The list was compiled from nominations received from members of the New Jersey’s architectural and historical communities, and coincides with the 150th anniversary of the establishment of the American Institute of Architects.