Cultural Education at the Wetlands Institute
The Wetlands Institute offers on and off-site learning opportunities for students of every age, including Field Trips, Speaker Programs, on-site tours and exhibits at organizations and school. An Institute Naturalist is able to bring live animals and fascinating facts to any school for “hands on” learning.
The Institute offers a variety of Field Trips and Group Programs that are tailored to fit student and state curriculum standards including, Wetlands Ecology, Barrier Beach Ecology, Horesehoe Crabs and Shorebirds, Turtle Talk and more. All of the trips emphasize hands-on learning and the scientific method. The Wetlands believes children learn more from getting a little wet or muddy than from listening to a lecture inside.
Teacher Prep Materials are available and programming is core-curriculum-based.
Group Tours at the Wetlands Institute
The Wetlands Institute offers affordable and exciting opportunities to visit great wildlife destinations, hear fascinating talks about a region, explore great cities and countries, experience local people and cultures, enjoy wine tastings, visit wineries to see how wine is produced and even attend a classical music concert. On many of the cruises we offer, you don’t even have to go ashore – the culture comes aboard your ship. All of our trips include:
- High quality learning adventures
- Travel in the company of other Institute members who share your interests and spirit and enthusiasm for education and conservation.
- Expert guides and naturalists share stimulating information through in-depth talks, cultural excursions and field trips
- Custom designed trips that are available nowhere else
- Comprehensive pre-trip information to prepare you for your experience
- Pre-trip orientations and post trip reunions for all international trips