Community Outreach & Programs Coordinator
Application Deadline is December 8, 2021
SJCA strengthens South Jersey’s cultural community by acting as a central hub of information, connection, and resources supporting the needs of independent artists, cultural organizations, and other cultural stakeholders within Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Ocean, and Salem counties.
SJCA envisions a region where individuals of all ages and backgrounds are engaged and enriched through the arts, history, and culture, of South Jersey and where communities prosper through a creative economy.
SJCA is committed to challenging and dismantling the systems which disproportionately marginalize Black, Latino, Indigenous, Asian, and other communities of color, people with special needs, LGBTQ people, and other members of under-resourced communities. We strongly encourage applications and participation from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
The Community Outreach & Programs Coordinator will act as a critical connector between SJCA, partner organizations, SJCA members, and South Jersey’s cultural community at large. The Coordinator will oversee and grow a community of artists, cultural organizations, community cultural groups, and other cultural assets through outreach and programs such as the South Jersey Cultural Asset Map Project. Responsible for effectively developing, implementing, and assessing all aspects of membership and SJCA programs, including budgets and reporting. The Coordinator will also revise current, and suggest new programs to increase and diversify revenue generation. This position focuses on cultivating and employing strategies to seek out diverse cultural assets and communities within South Jersey’s cultural landscape; engage new SJCA members; deepen member involvement, and provide member support with consistently innovative, high-quality programs and timely, effective communications.
Reports to: The Community Outreach & Programs Coordinator will report to the Executive Director.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Focus on new member onboarding, providing a high level of member service, member engagement, and fostering a sense of belonging in the South Jersey cultural community for members.
- Create, implement, and measure programs and benefits for the most significant member impact.
- Manage annual membership renewal/recruitment process.
- Develop and implement a cultural asset outreach strategy to deliver growth against realistic targets.
- Outreach to potential, current, and non-active members, increasing member participation and satisfaction.
- Oversight and growth of South Jersey Cultural Asset Map Project to connect with a diverse and inclusive array of artists, cultural organizations, community cultural groups, and other cultural assets more deeply.
- Generate weekly “Member Bulletins” containing updates, information, and opportunities for SJCA membership.
- Update “SJCA Member Portal” and sjca.net with current events, program, and membership information and images.
- Identify and initiate relationships with cultural leaders and partner organizations.
- Assist Executive Director in the development of budgets and new streams of revenue.
- Attend Jersey Art Marketers – South meetings as well as other professional convenings on behalf of SJCA.
- Represent SJCA at regional events and speak to groups about the south Jersey cultural community, SJ CAMP, and SJCA (some weekend/evening hours required).
- Develop and document SJCA programs each fiscal year, including individual program budgets, timelines, targets, and assessment criteria.
- Communicate with SJCA membership and cultural community to collect, input, and assess needs for the development of future programs.
- Create and disseminate an annual calendar of programs/convenings for SJCA membership.
- Track and report event attendance, financial, and satisfaction data.
- Design and print onsite programs and other marketing materials, working with graphic designer/marketing firm, as needed.
- Oversee attendee registration process and check-in process for all events.
- Host and set up SJCA Virtual Connection Sessions and other programs/events, as needed.
- Represent SJCA at industry events and conferences.
- Oversee Social Media campaigns, posting relevant and interesting articles, information, and updates.
- Administer, track and report on Google Ads program.
Database, Web, and Payments Management
- Serve as the primary office person responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting the Wild Apricot membership/event registration database, AffiniPay financial transactions, and SJCA.net.
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date membership and prospective member records and reports.
- Manage invoicing, communications, collection, and reporting of all membership and events financial data.
- Produces monthly invoice, payment, and refund reports.
- Works closely with bookkeeper to enter financial information from Wild Apricot system into QuickBooks.
- Assist with committee duties as requested.
- Assist with answering phones, addressing inquiries, etc.
- Regularly communicate and collaborate with Executive Director, Committee Members, and SJCA Board, as requested.
- Process physical mail.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS, EXPERIENCES, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Membership, Programs, and/or Community Organizing experience
- Experience engaging diverse communities and individuals and a commitment to prioritizing Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion
- Strong work ethic, self-starter works well under pressure
- Highly reliable, organized, responsible, and committed with strong attention to detail
- Strong written, verbal, and public speaking skills (ideally both English and Spanish)
- Experience with CRM/Databases (e.g., Wild Apricot), graphic design software (e.g., Canva), Google Drive, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Teams, and Website content creation and maintenance (e.g., WordPress)
PREFERED JOB SKILLS, EXPERIENCES, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ yrs work experience in nonprofit programming, membership management, community activation, and/or outreach
- Bilingual/Bicultural English and Spanish
- An understanding of the South Jersey arts, culture, and history
- Knowledge of arts, culture, history, and connecting with local communities and a passion for creating equitable access to arts & culture
- Public speaking skills that engage artists, arts administrators, and cultural community leaders
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are due Wednesday, December 8, 2021.
Compensation: $35,000 – $45,000 depending on experience, salaried
Starting Date: Immediate
Location: SJCA’s primary office space is located on the main campus of Stockton University (101 Vera King Farris Dr, Galloway, NJ 08205). However, the Community Outreach & Programs Coordinator will also have limited remote/virtual options; some travel throughout the State of New Jersey will be required.
Work Environment: Sedentary Work – Ability to exert 5 – 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods.
All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to be essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Marginal functions of the position (those that are incidental to the performance of the job duties) have not been included. However, the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee. It is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the business and requirements of the job change.
SJCA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
For more information about the South Jersey Cultural Alliance, please visit sjca.net.