Joining SJCA is simple.
Membership dues are affordable for not-for-profits of any size. Dues start at $75 for working artists, consultants and academics and $100 for organizations. Dues are calculated on a sliding scale based on fiscal year budget.
SJCA Membership is open to arts, history or cultural organizations, cultural or educational (please remove) government agencies, and working artists, academics, businesses and consultants serving the nonprofit sector in the 8 South Jersey counties: Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Ocean and Salem.
Or to request a membership package and application via regular mail, contact the SJCA at (609) 626-3630.
SJCA Membership Benefits
Organizational Membership – download application – online application
SJCA serves as a clearinghouse for information for member organizations and encourages members to participate in the programs and services of fellow service providers such as ArtPride NJ Foundation, Advocates for NJ History, the Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance and the NJ Theatre Alliance.
Audience development and revenue generation tools
- A dynamic presence on the Member Page of the SJCA website including descriptions of programs, exhibitors, events and contact information
- Events/Program listing on SJCA, Discover Jersey Arts websites, DMO’s and state website.
- Professional Development opportunities offered by SJCA as well as information on other professional development offered by the state, foundation community and other NJ service organizations.
- Discounted admissions to SJCA workshops
- Subsidized and cooperative advertising buys (50-75% off retail rate)
- Promotion of member organizations at consumer and group travel shows in Philadelphia and DC.
- Opportunity for members with student programs to participate at the NJ Education Association s annual conference at a reduced cost
- Opportunities for members to promote their life-long learning classes on the SJCA website.
Stay informed and educated about important trends impacting the cultural community
- Advocacy through partnership with ArtPride NJ with Online Advocacy Action Center.
- Information through our state and regional partnerships: National Consortium for Creative Placemaking, NJ State Council on the Arts, NJ Historical Commission, Sustainable Jersey, Creative NJ, NJ Arts Education Partnership, regional tourism groups, and County Cultural and Heritage Commissions.
Connecting with peers, recognizing cultural leaders and supporters, and administrative savings
- Member Directory
- Annual Meeting and member convenings
- Annual Paul Aiken Encore Awards event enabling member organizations to recognize and honor those who have support them throughout the year with an Encore Award
- Board Committees open to membership:
- Program Evaluation/Member Services
- Resource Development
- Cooperative online subscription to the Foundation Center Data Base at greatly reduced rates
Online Membership Application