1229 Front Street
Mauricetown, NJ 08329
The Edward Compton House Museum (headquarters of the Mauricetown Historical Society) is a restored 1865 italianate house depicting the life and culture of the seafaring captains of the 1860's and the village of Mauricetown on the banks of the Maurice River.
We present through our restored rooms and buildings and on-going displays the way of life of this rural Cumberland County village from its inception as a home of the Lenni Lenape Indians through present day.
Group Tours at the Historical Society
We provide group tours of the Edward Compton house museum and cook house, as well as the Samuel Compton house (circa 1830), all of which are on the headquarters grounds of the Mauricetown Historical Society.
For information about scheduling a group tour at the Mauricetown Historical Society, contact Carol Perrelli, email@example.com.