Resources for artists, from South Jersey Cultural Alliance
South Jersey Cultural Alliance leverages the deep experience represented in its membership to solo artist’s advantage. SJCA offers a variety of benefits to individual working artist members, including:
- Exposing work to a wider audience through SJCA promotional activities and the online directory of membership
- A single point of access to RFPs for public art installation and purchasing
- Access to funding resources and grant writing expertise
- Training programs and workshops designed specifically for artists
- Opportunities to network with leaders in the arts, culture and history community, including curators, government agencies, funders and other promoters and buyers of art – most of whom maintain SJCA membership
Workshop training is offered annually, covering a different subject each year. Artists learn how-tos and tricks of the trade from experts in the field, in specialties that can build efficiency in business. Topics include marketing and promotion, branding, taxation, incorporation, IT issues, competitions and fellowships and many other variables critical to success as a working artist.
SJCA also holds routine portfolio review sessions for artists interested in exposing their work to the community of curators and museum professionals. It is invaluable experience and a rare opportunity to learn how art works its way from creation to public display.
Other programs are in development and will be created to match demand. SJCA encourages working artists to become members, get involved and join the conversation to shape how the organization can best serve southern New Jersey’s creative community.